Happy birthday to Rahama Sadau, the award-winning Nigerian actress, filmmaker, and singer who turns 29 today. Rahama is one of the most popular and versatile stars in the Nigerian entertainment industry. Having featured in movies and music videos in Hausa, English, and Hindi languages.
Rahama Sadau is also a successful entrepreneur, with her own clothing line and production company. In this article, we will celebrate Rahama’s birthday by looking at her early life, education, career, achievements, and controversies. Indeed, Rahama Sadau birthday is worthy of a feature.
Rahama Sadau Early life and education
Rahama Sadau was born on December 7, 1993, in Kaduna State, northern Nigeria, to Alhaji Ibrahim Sadau, a businessman, and his wife. She has three sisters, Zainab, Fatima, and Aisha, and a brother, Haruna. Rahama grew up in a Muslim household and attended Islamic schools. She also developed a passion for dancing and participated in several competitions as a child and during her school years.
Rahama Sadau completed her primary and secondary education in Kaduna, where she obtained her SSCE certificate. She then proceeded to Kaduna State Polytechnic, where she graduated with an HND in Business Administration. She later travelled to Cyprus, where she enrolled at the Eastern Mediterranean University and earned a BSc in Human Resources Management.
Rahama Sadau Career
Rahama Sadau joined the Kannywood movie industry which produces films in Hausa language, in 2013. Of course with the help of veteran actor Ali Nuhu. She made her debut in the movie Gani ga Wane, where she played a lead role alongside Ali Nuhu. The movie was a hit and launched Rahama into the limelight. She went on to star in several other Kannywood movies, such as Jinin Jikina, Halacci, Ana Wata ga Wata, and Mati da Lado.
Rahama Sadau also ventured into the Nollywood industry, which produces films in English and other Nigerian languages, and featured in movies such as Sons of the Caliphate, Up North, If I Am President, and Zero Hours. She also appeared in a Bollywood movie, Khuda Haafiz: Chapter 2 – Agni Pariksha, where she played a minor role.
Rahama Sadau also showcased her talent in music videos, such as I Love You by Classiq, Morell’s Aure, and Nura M Inuwa’s Rariya. She also played the role of a career teacher in the popular MTV series, Shuga.
In 2017, Rahama Sadau established her own production company, Sadau Pictures. This is where she produced her first movie, Rariya, starring Ali Nuhu, Sani Danja, Sadiq Sani, and Fati Washa. She also launched her clothing line, RS Fashion, in 2018.
Rahama Sadau has won several awards and recognition for her outstanding performances and contributions to the Nigerian entertainment industry. Some of her awards include:
- Best Actress (Kannywood) at the City People Entertainment Awards in 2014 and 2015.
- Best African Actress at the 19th African Film Awards in 2015 by African Voice.
- Face of Kannywood in 2016 by Leadership Newspaper.
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the 2018 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards.
- Best Actress in a Leading Role at the 2019 Africa Movie Academy Awards.
Rahama Sadau has also been nominated for several other awards. This includes the Future Awards Africa, the Nigerian Entertainment Awards, and the Kannywood Awards.
Rahama Sadau is also a humanitarian and an advocate for women’s rights and education. She is the founder of Ray of Hope Foundation, a non-governmental organization that provides support to the less privileged, especially women and children. She is also an ambassador for the WaterAid Nigeria campaign, which aims to provide clean water and sanitation to rural communities.
Rahama Sadau Controversies
Despite her success and popularity, Rahama has also faced some challenges and controversies in her career. Some of them include:
- In 2016, she was suspended for a year by the Motion Picture Practitioners Association of Nigeria (MOPPAN). It is the regulatory body of Kannywood, for appearing in a romantic music video with Classiq, where she hugged and cuddled the singer. MOPPAN considered her action as immoral and against the ethics and culture of the Hausa people. Rahama apologized for her role in the video and the suspension was lifted in 2018.
- In 2020, she sparked another controversy when she posted pictures of herself wearing a backless gown on social media. Some of her conservative Muslim fans criticized her for dressing indecently and disrespecting her religion and culture. Some even went as far as insulting and threatening her and the Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Rahama deleted the pictures and apologized for offending anyone, but also condemned the abusive and blasphemous comments. She also denied the rumors that she was arrested and sentenced to death for blasphemy, saying they were fake and unfounded.
Rahama Sadau birthday, as a talented and versatile actress who has made a name for herself in the Nigerian entertainment industry. She is also a successful entrepreneur and a humanitarian who has touched many lives with her work and charity. As she celebrates her 29th birthday today, we wish her more success and happiness in her career and personal life. Happy birthday, Rahama Sadau!