Last updated: July 07, 2023
This privacy notice, relating to the Arewa House website (“Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), provides details about the collection, storage, use, and sharing (“processing”) of your information when you utilize our services (“Services”). This notice applies to your interactions with Arewa House and its Services, including visiting our website at https://www.arewahouse.com or any affiliated websites. By reading this notice, you will gain insight into your privacy rights and options. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please refrain from using our Services. Should you have any questions or concerns, contact us at [email protected].
SUMMARY OF KEY POINTS
This summary offers key points from our privacy notice. For more information on any of these topics, click the corresponding link or use the table of contents provided. To review the full notice, click here.
- Personal Information: We process personal information based on your interactions with Arewa House, your choices, and the products and features you use. Find out more here.
- Sensitive Personal Information: We do not process sensitive personal information.
- Information from Third Parties: We may receive information from various external sources such as public databases, marketing partners, and social media platforms. Learn more here.
- Information Processing: We process your information to provide, enhance, and manage our Services, as well as to communicate with you, ensure security, prevent fraud, and comply with the law. We may process your information for other purposes with your consent. Click here for more details.
- Sharing of Personal Information: We may share information in specific situations and with specific third parties. Find out more here.
- Information Security: We have implemented organizational and technical measures to safeguard your personal information. However, no security system is foolproof. While we strive to protect your data, we cannot guarantee absolute security against unauthorized access or misuse. Click here for more information.
- Privacy Rights: Depending on your geographic location, you may have specific rights regarding your personal information. Learn more here.
- Exercising Your Rights: You can conveniently exercise your rights by filling out our data subject request form or contacting us directly. We will handle your requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- Additional Information: To gain a comprehensive understanding of how Arewa House utilizes the information collected, please review the full notice.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
- WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
- HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide when you register on our Services, express interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, participate in activities on our Services, or contact us directly.
- Information We Collect: This section outlines the types of information that the organization collects from users or customers. It may include categories such as personal information (e.g., name, email address, phone number), demographic information, device information (e.g., IP address, browser type), and any other data collected through interactions with the company’s services or website.
- Legal Bases for Processing: This section explains the legal bases or grounds on which the organization relies to lawfully process personal information. These bases can include obtaining user consent, fulfilling contractual obligations, complying with legal requirements, protecting vital interests, performing tasks in the public interest, or pursuing legitimate interests (with appropriate balancing of user rights and interests).
- International Data Transfers: If the organization transfers user information to countries outside the jurisdiction where the data was collected, this section explains how such transfers are handled. It may mention mechanisms like the EU Standard Contractual Clauses, Privacy Shield (if applicable), or obtaining explicit user consent for the transfer. The policy should also address the steps taken to ensure adequate protection for transferred data.
- Your Choices: This section focuses on informing users about their rights and choices regarding their personal information. It may cover options such as opting out of certain data collection or processing activities, managing cookie preferences, adjusting communication preferences, or exercising rights granted by data protection laws (e.g., access, rectification, erasure).
- Children’s Privacy: If the organization’s services are directed towards or knowingly collect personal information from children under a certain age (e.g., under 13 in the United States), this section addresses the organization’s practices regarding children’s privacy. It may include obtaining parental consent, providing special safeguards for children’s data, and complying with relevant laws and regulations.
your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding our privacy practices or how we handle your personal information, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the contact details provided.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR USERS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA), UNITED KINGDOM (UK), AND CANADA
If you are located in the EEA, UK, or Canada, we would like to provide you with additional information regarding the processing of your personal information:
Legal Basis for Processing: Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will generally collect and use your personal information where we have a legitimate interest in doing so and where these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights or our legal obligations. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may need to process your personal information to perform a contract with you.
Data Transfers: We may transfer your personal information to recipients in countries other than the one in which you are located. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. We will take appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal information is protected in accordance with applicable data protection laws. For more information about the safeguards we have in place, please contact us using the contact details provided.
Data Retention: We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR USERS IN CALIFORNIA
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents with certain rights regarding their personal information. If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information.
- Request deletion of your personal information.
- Opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
- Request information about the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information, the purposes for collecting the personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared the personal information.
- Request information about the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Request information about the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed.
To exercise these rights, please submit a request using the contact information provided.
Please note that we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, but we may require verification of both the authorized agent and yourself.