NRC Field Office Coordinator Nigeria Monguno – Borno, Nigeria
NRC, a leading organization in the international humanitarian sector, has been dedicated to assisting displacement-affected communities in Nigeria since 2015.
Our mission is to address their basic needs, enhance their resilience, and ensure access to essential services.
Through our core competencies – water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Shelter, Education, Information-Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Livelihoods and Food Security (LFS), Camp Management, and Protection – we strive to make a positive impact.
Join our team of 370 dedicated professionals who are committed to making a difference. With offices strategically located in Maiduguri (Borno State), Yola (Adamawa State), and JOS (Plateau State).
NRC is well-positioned to respond to the needs of conflict-affected individuals across the North-East and North Central regions of Nigeria. Through our rapid response mechanism (RRM), we provide immediate assistance during emergencies, bridging the gap between humanitarian aid and development cooperation.
As the Field Office Coordinator in Monguno, you will play a crucial role in coordinating our operations and ensuring effective implementation of projects.
Your strong understanding of humanitarian response architecture, particularly in emergency response and humanitarian protection, will guide your decision-making and strategic planning.
Your leadership and management skills will enable you to build and maintain relationships with various stakeholders, both internal and external.
NRC Education Requirements
To be successful in this role, you must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in social science, Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics, or Business Management. Additionally, a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role within a humanitarian and/or recovery context is required.
Familiarity with the context in northern Nigeria, specifically Monguno, is highly desirable. Experience in support functions such as Logistics, Finance, or HR will be advantageous.
Your responsibilities will include context analysis, humanitarian needs assessment, project monitoring and evaluation, program development, as well as coordination and representation with local authorities, I/NGOs, and communities.
As a skilled communicator, you will effectively convey information both in written and verbal form, ensuring fluency in English. Fluency in local languages will further strengthen your ability to connect with the communities we serve.
We are seeking individuals who possess excellent organizational skills and can manage complex and diverse tasks efficiently. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook, is necessary. This role demands a proactive approach and the ability to handle a substantial workload.
NRC Work and Development Plan for Field Office Coordinator Nigeria
As the Field Office Coordinator for NRC in Monguno, Borno, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the activities of field staff in various areas, including Finance, HR & Admin, Logistics/ICT, and program staff.
Your role will involve ensuring strict adherence to NRC policies, procedures, and guidelines, as well as overseeing budget management and support functions. You will also play a crucial role in promoting the rights of internally displaced persons (IDPs) and returnees, coordinating representation meetings, and contributing to the organization’s advocacy strategy.
- Operational Management:
- Provide effective support to field-based staff in implementing NRC projects, working closely with CC Project Managers.
- Keep the Area Manager informed about the context, needs, and trends through timely updates.
- Manage the budget at the field office level in alignment with the approved authorization table, ensuring appropriate burn rates and addressing over/under expenditure.
- Report potential conflicts of interest, fraud, protection concerns, and other issues related to NRC’s assistance.
- Collaborate with dedicated NRC safety and security staff to collect and share information, ensuring the safety of NRC staff and participants.
- Implement security guidelines and conduct regular updates of security risk assessments for all project locations.
- Involve relevant stakeholders in the planning and implementation of projects as required.
- Contribute to the development of plans, proposals, and budgets for new projects/extensions, in coordination with the Area Manager and CC Project Managers/Coordinator.
- Monitor field implementation to ensure quality programming and timely completion of project deliverables.
- Support multi-sectoral emergency preparedness and response in line with context and management requirements.
- Logistics and Finance:
- Establish and maintain effective financial and logistical systems and procedures at the field office level.
- Maintain regular communication between the Area Office and field office support functions.
- Ensure timely submission of cash forecasts to the Area Office.
- Prepare monthly projected expenditures and ensure accurate budget control for financial management in line with active projects.
- Human Resource and Administration Management:
- Plan staffing requirements and liaise with the HR department for support as agreed with the Area Manager.
- Conduct appraisals according to NRC’s standard requirements and procedures.
- Provide adequate briefing for new team members upon their arrival and conduct debriefings for departing team members.
- Facilitate capacity development and training for all personnel.
- Coordination and Representation:
Attend meetings and coordination fora, representing NRC within the limits set by the Area Manager.
Serve as the main point of contact for NRC with the public, beneficiaries, local authorities, I/NGOs, and other organizations at the field level.
Implement communication plans, ensuring stakeholders are informed about NRC’s activities and fostering acceptance within communities.
Prepare weekly and monthly reports, flash reports, and other requested reports for the Area Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Previous experience in a similar role within a humanitarian and/or recovery context.
- Knowledge of the context in northern Nigeria, with specific familiarity with Monguno.
- Experience in support functions such as Logistics, Finance, or HR is advantageous.
- Strong understanding of management and project cycle management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Fluency in English and local languages.
- Computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office applications.