Job Opportunity: Communications and Social Media Assistant
Job Position ID: 2305467
Type of Employment: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration: 24 months
Job Posting Date: Jun 15, 2023, 8:37:59 AM
Closing Date: Jun 29, 2023, 10:59:00 PM
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Please note that the job application deadline indicated above is based on your device’s system settings.
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team as a Communications and Social Media Assistant. In this role, you will play a vital part in supporting the effective delivery of our organization’s mandate. Your responsibilities will include coordinating and leading WHO’s work in Nigeria, the African Region, and globally, with a focus on reputation management, health information dissemination, and corporate branding. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing the communications strategy for the Nigeria country office.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy to increase WHO Nigeria’s social media following and engagement.
- Manage social media channels, engage with audiences, and moderate comments on social media posts.
- Create compelling social media content by leveraging press releases, speeches, reports, and other relevant sources.
- Collaborate with different teams to understand their social media requirements and develop tailored content for social media platforms.
- Design and implement impactful social media campaigns centered around relevant health themes.
- Analyze social media metrics to measure reach, engagement, and other performance indicators for posts, accounts, and campaigns.
- Prepare social media kits for major events, ensuring consistent messaging and visual appeal.
- Curate and maintain content for the organization’s homepage and landing pages.
- Ensure proper formatting, layout, placement, and relevance of web pages.
- Monitor and review content published on Country Office websites to maintain high quality and consistency.
- Essential: Completion of secondary school education with specialized training in communications and information technology.
- Desirable: Bachelor’s degree in communications, information management, information technology, or public health.
- Essential: A minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of communications, including specific expertise in corporate social media management.
- Desirable: Proficiency in photography and video production. Ability to design social media cards, gifts, and other promotional materials.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a diplomatic and respectful approach.
- Profound knowledge of online information dissemination techniques, social media mechanisms, and web practices.
- In-depth understanding of the impact of communications on an organization’s reputation, image, and success, including the role of social media in this context.
- Ability to effectively tailor technical information to suit diverse target audiences.
- Essential: Expert proficiency in English.
WHO offers an attractive remuneration package for staff in the General Services category. The annual net base salary for this position starts at NGN 14,735,506 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance) and includes 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be utilized to fill similar positions at the same grade level.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- As part of the screening process, a written test may be conducted.
- Candidates invited for an interview will be required to submit scanned copies of the required degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) in advance.
- WHO is committed to promoting diversity and inclusivity, and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, women, and candidates from underrepresented member states.
- Reasonable accommodations can be provided upon request for candidates with disabilities.
- WHO maintains the highest standards of ethics and professionalism and expects all employees to adhere to these principles.
- Background verification will be conducted to ensure a safe and respectful work environment.
- WHO maintains a smoke-free environment and does not hire smokers or tobacco users.
- We offer a range of benefits to our staff, including parental leave and flexible work arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance and the full development of talents.
- The statutory retirement age for staff appointments is 65 years. External applicants will be considered if they can complete the term of appointment.
- This position is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by individuals within the local commuting area of the duty station.
- If the website does not display correctly, please try the following steps: (i) Ensure you have the latest version of Chrome, Edge, or Firefox installed; (ii) Clear your browser history and open the site in a new browser window (not a new tab within the same browser); or (iii) Retry accessing the website at a later time.
Join our team and contribute to the important work we do in promoting global health and well-being. Apply now and be part of our diverse and inclusive organization.