Job Vacancy Announcement
Position: Grants & Communications Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted on: Posted 13 Days Ago
Job Requisition ID: Requisition – 2023200927
FHI 360, a leading international nonprofit organization, is therefore seeking a highly motivated and skilled Grants & Communications Coordinator to join our team in responding to the growing humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria.
This crisis has also resulted in a significant number of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in urgent need of emergency assistance. As a Grants & Communications Coordinator, you will play a crucial role in supporting our efforts to address the needs of IDPs and also promote effective communication about our programs and impact.
Project Description of Job:
Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons and others in need of emergency assistance.
Also, hese IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
Also, FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis. We commit to providing emergency assistance, livelihood support, and also resources to alleviate malnutrition and food insecurity.
Responsibilities of Job
- Manage all programmatic documentation and writing required to support project(s)
- Prepare weekly situation reports, formal and informal donor reports, reports for the host government, and data reporting to the donor
- Develop external communication pieces for websites and write concept notes, proposals, and project modifications
- Participate in project start-up and implementation activities in resource-scarce humanitarian emergencies
- Develop concept notes and unsolicited proposals for potential funders, ensuring compliance with donor regulations and organizational procedures
- Coordinate donor communications, including formal and informal reporting
- Develop communication products for the organization’s Corporate Communications Department
- Establish processes for identifying and archiving audit-relevant project documentation
- Support routine audit activities as required
- Contribute to inter-agency human resources and administration working groups
- Work with the project team and headquarters staff to standardize project approaches and develop protocols for program scale-up
- Prepare and submit timely program reports as per donor guidelines
- Research, write, and edit a broad range of communications to promote the organization’s activities
- Develop and implement communications and public relations strategies for departmental projects, services, and programs
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Human Resources Management, or a related field
- 7-9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 5-7 years of relevant experience with a Master’s degree
- Strong writing, editing, communication, and presentation skills
- Familiarity with external communication in a humanitarian context
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas
- Ability to convey clear messages on complex issues
- Professional and articulate with the ability to adapt communication methods based on the audience
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO)
Physical Demands at FH360
This position operates in a typical office environment. The ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time is required, and there also may be a need to lift objects weighing 5-50 lbs.
Technology Used at FH360
Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), email, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs, and also other handheld devices.
Less than 10% of the time.
FHI 360 commits to providing a safe environment for all employees, beneficiaries, and also anyone contracted by FHI 360. This includes implementing measures to protect vulnerable individuals from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) by FHI 360 employees or associated personnel. FHI 360 adheres to child safeguarding principles, which apply to all FHI 360 staff, board members, volunteers, and partner staff (subcontractors, consultants, vendors, and subrecipients), regardless of the funding mechanism or contract amount.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of those affected by the humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria and also possess the required qualifications and experience, we invite you to apply for the position of Grants & Communications Coordinator.
To apply, please submit your resume and also a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications to with the subject line “Grants & Communications Coordinator Application – Maiduguri.”
Therefore, shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. FHI 360 is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in joining the FHI 360 team. Together, we can make a lasting impact on the lives of those in need.